[Bf-python] T40334 Review
Campbell Barton
2014-06-11 23:35:58 UTC

Blender users the "//" prefix internally to denote relative paths.

Posted full answer regarding relative paths here:

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/12152

To add a fileselector, you can do 2 ways.

- Have a button referencing a string property with:
subtype='FILE_PATH'. This will show a text field in the UI with an
icon to select files on the right.
- Make your own operator which uses the file selector: See
TextEditor->Templates->Python->OperatorFileImport
Hello,
For some reason "os.path.exists()" requires an absolute path to function
unless I'm mistaking, thus needing relative path to be disabled for now,
until I find a way to fix it. I would like to know how I could add a file
selector just like the one in [ properties > texture > image ]
It would fix this same issue.
Hi, In general having addons like this in contrib is fine, however its
a bit worrying that it requires to disable relative paths user
preference?
I'd like to see that addressed before accepting,
added some other comments to T40334.
Hello,
I would like someone to review my blender game engine add-on, please.
Here is the link to my task: https://developer.blender.org/T40334, and a
http://rikutogame.dnsd.me/bge_material_creator.
BR, Genome36.
--