[Bf-python] (no subject)
Khalifa Lame
2014-04-23 14:21:24 UTC
Hi, a few questions please...

How should one make a layout prop for images, objects, uvs, vgroups, etc.
complete with search functionality. Is there a built in template for that?

Also, how does one change a color prop from the default tiny rectangular
slot to a full blown expanded color wheel? The sort you see in the
properties shelf of the node editor when working with color balance nodes.

Even better, could someone point me at a comprehensive resource on
blender's ui elements?
--
khalibloo?
-------------- next part --------------
Not sure what you mean by "prop". To me that means an object in a scene.
When you click the colored rectangle it will pop up with some color profile
choices such as RGB and HSV.

If you know Python already I would recommend reading over the Blender API
for your coding needs. For UI there are a number of good video tutorials.
CG Cookie has some good free videos on UI with Python.

http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_70_release/
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2012/09/30/blender-tweak-interface-scripting/
Post by Khalifa Lame
Hi, a few questions please...
How should one make a layout prop for images, objects, uvs, vgroups, etc.
complete with search functionality. Is there a built in template for that?
Also, how does one change a color prop from the default tiny rectangular
slot to a full blown expanded color wheel? The sort you see in the
properties shelf of the node editor when working with color balance nodes.
Even better, could someone point me at a comprehensive resource on
blender's ui elements?
--
khalibloo?
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
?for example, i want to replace the product color section in the first
image with the color wheel from the second image. i know it's inefficient
in terms of space, but i need it for a very specific situation.
sorry, i posted the wrong color wheel image!
Here's what i meant
?