[Bf-python] Custom nodes
Khalifa Lame
2015-05-24 06:05:29 UTC
Hi, I've been having some trouble getting my custom blender nodes to
update. According to the API docs, the node's update function should be
called whenever there's any change to the editor. There's very little
information on it, and as such i've been unable to get it to trigger no
matter what kind of changes i make.

Is there a way to force nodes to update their variables every time
something changes within blender? like if an object is created or deleted,
for example. Or maybe every time a link is made to the node?

Also, is it possible to create buttons (operators) on nodes? I need each
node instance to have its own button that affects only that particular node.

Lastly, what's the best way to update a node's output? is it done in the
node's update function?
khalibloo®
Cezary Kopias
2015-05-25 07:27:49 UTC
I`m by far the lest qualified person to answer you but maybe looking
at animation nodes code could give you a hint.
https://github.com/JacquesLucke/animation_nodes
Khalifa Lame